Thursday, July 2, 2020

It’s a Journey...

I had thought I would start a new blog in which to post my baby-step paintings done as I learn water painting techniques.  I thought I would start with my first few efforts. I’ve been roaming around YouTube in search of instruction, inspiration and the nerve to dive in. So many painting blogs!  Most that I’ve found are so, for want of a better word, normal. Sedate. Traditional. Sort of a “here is how it is done. Do it that way”. Which is fine, just not really for me. Deadhead to the core, I’ve been coloring outside the lines for many years now.

As I meandered through YouTube, I came across https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45GWRjE47PU&feature=share aka creationsceecee. I will figure out how to make the blog name BE the hyperlink another time. Her approach to her art sings to me, and besides, I am addicted gold, shiny paint myself. So it works.

But I digress. This blog is now resurrected after it’s one post debut a year ago. I mentioned my brain injury in that one post, and this makes me chuckle in a rueful sort of way. I forgot I started this blog or made that post. When I found it today I had a “oh yeahhhhhh, I remember” moment.  The blog title works for my present purpose, which is basically a place to post these painting exercises as I do them.

So I’m having a crack at the easy stuff for beginners. And here are my first pieces.
The page of leaves.  Part way through I got distracted by what gold does when you drop it onto the wet leaf that I gave up any pretense of doodling..... 

 I did something with the little houses but it wants to be more than what it is right now. Am on the third edition, but it’s not right either. So I’ll just keep at that one until it is what i want it to be. Think Malvina Reynolds (Who I heard sing at Kepler’s Bookstore) and even talked to her a little bit as an awestruck teenager) and you’ll be on the right track.

Keeping that one to myself for now, I give you those floaty little flower blobs with gold around the edges from a few days ago. I was staying on track quite nicely until I saw how the new gold paint I got yesterday kind of swept beautifully in across the yellow on those two orange blobbies  in the upper left. Pretty cool. Then I remembered how I used to doodle rudbeckia type flowers, and very nice. It was past midnight by this time. At least it was when I woke up with a crick in my neck and a dry paint brush in my hand.
So, this morning I got up and did this one.  First the rudbeckias and oh how I love them.  Then some blobbies to play around with. Then back to rudbeckia with some dots to balance it out.

Thought I would mention.  I have been looking for some sort of painting journal, not to expensive hopefully when I ran across these Arteza ones on Amazon. Three books of 30 pages each seems like a great deal.  I hope the quality is fine because, at one painting a day (hopefully) that is three months of paintings, lol.
And I bid you goodnight.    

1 comment:

  1. I love your art pieces!!! looking forward to seeing more :-) have a wonderful and creative week!

    ReplyDelete